Weight loss surgery (or bariatric surgery) in Houston is an important tool for weight loss and maintenance, but it is not a “magical treatment.” It requires a commitment to change your lifestyle to focus on health and a new approach to food.
This means adhering to dietary guidelines, a regular exercise program and periodic checkups for life as well as participating in support groups to help you with identifying and changing old behaviors that led to poor health and weight.
When you meet with any of the Northwest Houston Surgical Association surgeons for a consultation, they will carefully consider what will help you attain the best possible outcome for you and your lifestyle. They will educate you until they are convinced that you understand the risks and benefits of weight loss surgery. Houston, TX and Cypress weight loss surgery candidates can request a consultation online or by calling our office at 713-426-2400.
While we can help get you started on your weight loss surgery journey in Houston and Cypress, the overall results are up to you. Here are some factors we recommend for overall success with your bariatric surgery procedure in Houston or Cypress, TX:
- Education – Learn the risks, requirements, and rewards of each of the different weight-loss surgery options.
- Support – Surround yourself with a network of people, professional and friends, who want you to succeed
- Participation – Practice new eating habits and exercise programs even before surgery
- Healing – Give your body time to heal by following your surgeon’s recovery plan
- Nutrition – Eat and drink in a brand new way with smaller portions and better food choices. Click here to download Dr. Leiva’s diet Information
- Exercise – Engage in regular physical activity to realize your goals
- Listen – Stay in tune with your body and the signals it sends
- Follow-up – Keep appointments with Dr. Leiva and your healthcare team to track your progress and address issues
If you’re ready to improve your life, request a consultation online or call our office at 713-426-2400 for more information.